Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern the use of this website and your interactions with Firefly Education.
In ordering from or interacting with Firefly Education it is assumed that you have read, understood and accepted the conditions of purchase and/or use listed below.
Use of online products obtained via a Firefly Account
I acknowledge that by signing up for a Firefly Account I am bound by the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to the use of iMaths Online, Sound Waves Online, Writing Time Online, Think Mentals Answers, English Stars or Teacher Timesavers (where relevant).
1(a). For online products obtained via an Individual Licence:
- The use of any materials acquired through this access is for use in my classroom only.
- It is my responsibility to ensure that any electronic files are used by students, parents and personnel working with my class only.
1(b). For online products obtained via a School Licence:
- The use of any materials acquired through this access is for use in our subscribing classrooms only.
- It is the responsibility of each participating teacher to ensure that electronic files are used by students, parents and personnel from our school only.
- The school representative must also agree to the Terms and Conditions stated on the School Licence Order Form when purchasing a School Licence on behalf of their school.
2. Under the terms of this agreement, in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968 I am not authorised to:
- store or post files or links to files in publicly available or non-secure electronic environments
- share, sell or hire out the electronic files or copies of the electronic files with a third party (individual or school)
- alter, edit or reformat any of the files.
3. Any saved or printed materials from iMaths Online, Sound Waves Online or English Stars may only be used during the valid period of access.
4. Any saved or printed materials from iMaths Online, Sound Waves Online or English Stars must be destroyed once the period of access has expired.
5. Once an Access Code is redeemed, or payment is made, it is not refundable.
6. I may be contacted regarding the use and availability of the service.
7. Firefly Education reserves the right to terminate access, without refund, should these Terms and Conditions of use be violated. Any breaches of these Terms and Conditions may also result in legal action.
Definitions of licences
‘Individual Licence’ means online access obtained for use by an individual for their classroom only. An Individual Licence is applicable to (but not restricted to) the use of:
- iMaths Online, Sound Waves Online or English Stars Trial
- iMaths Online or Sound Waves Online Lite
- iMaths Online or Sound Waves Online purchased directly through your Firefly Account, or by redeeming an Access Code from a Teacher Book, or Online Access Card
- English Stars purchased directly through your Firefly Account, or by redeeming an Access Code
- Writing Time Online
- Think Mentals Answers
- Teacher Timesavers.
‘School Licence’ means online access obtained for use by teachers or personnel within a school for subscribing classrooms only. A School Licence is applicable to (but not restricted to) the use of:
- iMaths Online or Sound Waves Online by redeeming the assigned School Licence Access Code
- English Stars access granted by administrators at the Firefly Online Class Builder
- Teacher Timesavers by redeeming the assigned School Licence Access Code.
Credit card payments
Firefly Education uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Firefly Education or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Firefly Education.
- Firefly Education cannot be held responsible for a security failure originated with eWAY.
- Firefly Education does not have access to card details unless a customer asks a staff member to complete an order on their behalf. In this case the customer’s card details will be entered onto the system but the information is not stored.
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details. We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. Orders are generally dispatched within 2-3 working days, however please allow up to 10 working days to receive your order. If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details. We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. We will attempt to send your software/license/access code via email immediately. If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at email@example.com.
Refund and returns policy
Returning defective merchandise
Firefly Education is proud of our products and guarantee all our products as advertised. We will attempt to replace any defective merchandise (subject to stock availability) or refund you for any defective merchandise (including reasonable shipping costs) provided that: 1. the return is pre-arranged with Firefly Education. This can be done by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org 2. the product is returned to us with proof of purchase within 14 days of the date of purchase 3. the product is in its original condition 4. the product is not defective as a result of misuse, improper installation, connection to the wrong voltage or other abuse or misuse
Should there be any problems with defective product, please contact Firefly Education first. All returns must be pre-arranged by emailing email@example.com.
Returning non-defective merchandise
Please carefully check the specification and compatibility of the products with your requirements prior to purchasing.
Firefly Education may refund you for a non-defective product provided that: 1. the return is pre-arranged with Firefly Education. This can be done by calling 07 5445 5749 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org 2. the product must be returned to us at your expense with proof of purchase within 14 days of the date of purchase 3. the product must be unused and in it original condition, including its original packaging
We will not refund the cost of shipping the product to you and we may at our discretion deduct the cost of the credit card transactions from your refund.
Restriction to the supply of goods
Firefly Education reserves the right at its sole discretion not to supply certain customers or to apply limitations of quantity or value where it is appropriate.
Warranties and limitation of liability
Firefly Education makes no representations or warranties of any kind as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this website.
This website is at the customer’s sole risk. Firefly Education does not warrant that this website, its servers, or emails sent from Firefly Education are free of viruses or warrant its uninterrupted availability. Firefly Education will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including direct, incidental, and consequential damages, and loss of business or profits.
Firefly Education reserves the right to make corrections and changes to this website at any time without notice.
These terms and conditions are governed by Australian law. Any grievance or dispute is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.