At Firefly Education, we respect your right to keep your personal information private. We have procedures and policies in place to ensure that all your personal information is handled securely and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) in Australia and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 in the European Union.
Collection of Information
If you use the Firefly Education website to purchase products or access online resources, you may be asked to provide personal information. This information could be provided via telephone, email, mail, fax or directly through our website, and can include your name, school, address, phone number, email address and payment details. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. We may also use this information to trouble-shoot if you experience technical issues with your access. If you are only accessing online products, you may choose not to provide us with information about your school and your location.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information you supply helps us to process your order and provide you with a high level of customer service. It also allows us, through mail and emails, to keep you up-to-date with new products, additional services, and special deals and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive our product information, you can opt out by unsubscribing.
Protection of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter credit card details on our website, we encrypt this information using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL). If you are using an SSL-enabled browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, the confidentiality of your personal information is protected when it is transmitted over the internet. We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us against theft, loss and misuse. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefly Education uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the internet. All credit card transactions performed on this website using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Firefly Education or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Firefly Education.
- Firefly Education cannot be held responsible for a security failure originating with eWAY.
- Firefly Education does not have access to card details unless a customer asks a staff member to complete an order on their behalf. In this case, the customer’s card details will be entered onto the system but the information will not be stored.
- eWay takes the storage of personal data seriously. For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit https://www.eway.com.au/legal#privacy.
Access to Personal Information
If your personal information changes, or you no longer require our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate your account by emailing us at email@example.com. Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) and the GDPR you have the right to request access to your personal information held by us and request the deletion of this information. You may do this by:
- going to the Help web form while logged into fireflyonline.com.au and select the Delete my account and remove my data option
- sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at: Privacy Officer, Firefly Education Pty Ltd, PO Box 634, Buderim Qld 4556.
Please note that transactional data will be retained for as long as required by the Australian Taxation Office.
Firefly Education may at its discretion use a third party to provide products, essential services or business processes. We may share your personal information as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your details for any other purpose. We do not share any information with third parties for marketing or unrelated uses.
Specifically, we currently use the following providers:
Disclosure by Law
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or any legal process. We may also disclose your personal information if we deem that disclosure is necessary to protect our operations, or to enforce our terms and conditions.
Subscriptions to our newest digital programs, English Stars and Think Mentals Digital Classroom, include unique student logins. Student access to content within a secure environment is created by schools or parents who have purchased the product. Schools and parents are only required to enter a class identifier and student name to set up a student with access. We permit schools and parents to use pseudonyms to allow students to access and interact with our resources anonymously, and we do not require schools to disclose the identities of students.
Once logged in, students will submit their own activities. Their answers, and their teacher’s marking, are not publicly available. Their answers are visible only to the teachers and administrators linked to their class for tracking and reporting purposes, to the individual student themselves during the year of their subscription, and to Firefly Education. Firefly Education may use student answers anonymously to improve the content or functionality of the program or to report on statistical trends. Data is held at a secure Australian data centre in Sydney.
There is no facility for students to communicate with each other within the program; nor is there any facility for Firefly Education to communicate directly to students.